Ten top tips in tendering
1. Identify the client’s need and think from the client’s perspective. What is it they need and how can this be addressed and tailored?
2. Don’t bid for everything – make sure that the opportunity is winnable, deliverable and profitable. You don’t want to waste time and effort.
3. Answer the questions in the order they are presented, this makes the process less daunting.
4. Ask questions and seek clarification ensures you get the details correct and demonstrates you are keen.
5. What can you offer that separates you from the crowd, stand out and reflect your strengths.
6. Be consistent with text styles, formatting and layout. This gives a professional tone.
7. Get the price right with clear fees and justification. Present your pricing layout clearly.
8. Be imaginative and creative, this makes the buyer’s job less tedious. Use graphics and pictures to enhance and add interest.
9. Use testimonials and pull out quotes from customers, this can be extremely advantageous.
10. Always ask for feedback. Find out your strengths and weaknesses so you can address these next time.